MIT Technology Review Insights Director, Content Solutions and Consulting, Asia
We are a world-renowned name in technology news and are building a content and consulting team to build deeper connections with our audience in Asia.
The future is today
And MIT Technology Review is the gateway to the world of important innovations and technologies changing how we live, work and play. We are looking for a Director, Content Solutions and Consulting, Asia to play a key role in MIT Technology Review Insights. This position will be located in Singapore and hired through a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) on behalf of MIT Technology Review.
The Director, Commercial Content and Consulting, Asia will play a key role in MIT Technology Review Insights, the commercial content arm of the MIT Technology Review group under which new and existing business development initiatives will be combined. This person will be responsible for commercial content analysis and will use their deep knowledge of technology and business to lead the growth of the Asia-focused consulting business.
This role will function as an external ambassador for MIT Technology Review’s thought-leadership, sharing our viewpoints while ensuring the commercial success of the unit. You will help build deeper connections with our audience in Asia. Working in collaboration with other team members of MIT Technology Review Insights and across MIT Technology Review, you will be responsible to lead and grow the Asia consulting business. You will provide commercial content analysis and will work with clients and executives to produce and deliver sponsored (custom) content and consulting to senior executives in the Asian market.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Produce and deliver sponsored (custom) content originating from outside the US with a particular (nonexclusive) focus on Asia.
- Provide project management for all sponsored (custom) content projects and consulting agreements
- Engage senior executives and moderate highly interactive c-suite sponsored discussions and meetings.
- Develop and convey commercial content analysis that is persuasive to Asian executive market
- Deliver products that meet the editorial standards of the MIT Technology Review brand
- Develop and sustain strong client relationships
- Manage a team of contributing editors, researchers, designers and PR agencies for complete production of sponsored projects.
- Speaker for various engagements including chairing CEO lunches and speaking at small to midsize events.
- Create written/editorial work including producing social media posts, newsletters and similar media in connection with the launch of sponsored content
- Author and/or edit marquee briefing papers
- Commercial/client facing. Assisting and facilitating members of the sales teams as they secure sponsored deals.
The ideal candidate
Will have deep knowledge in how technology affects society, business, and technology information in the larger media marketplace and experience in commercial content analysis. You will have wide-ranging knowledge of the business environments in Asia and the ability to lead the growth of an Asia-focused consulting business to lead and advise senior executives.
- B.S. in business or related field with 7 years’ experience in business journalism and/or consulting with leading international publishing/research houses
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to make connections and facilitate stimulating discussions
- Authoritative and dynamic public speaking skills
- Proven detail-orientation and follow-through
- Digital and social media skills/experience
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to travel internationally up to 30% of the time
Please apply at: email@example.comApply