Head of Audience Development
We are a world-renowned name in technology news and are building a digital growth dream team to include an audience development and traffic generation whiz. Is that you?
The future is today
MIT Technology Review is the gateway to the world of important innovations and technologies changing how we live, work and play. But we are Shakespeare in the Basement. We are looking for an Audience Development Rockstar to help us connect our content to an audience craving tech news and insights that will keep them ahead of the curve on what’s current, relevant, new and innovative.
As Head of Audience Development, you will be the leading expert in generating traffic – uncovering, sharing, and utilizing insights on user behavior. The audience you’ll be engaging spans tech-industry decision-makers and deal-brokers to tech-follower and tech-obsessives who thrive on emerging technology. As our audience development guru, you will get them in and keep them.
The Ideal Candidate
Reporting in to the Head of Marketing, you will lead planning and execution of MIT TR’s audience development initiatives. This is a power-move for someone looking to make a step up (if personal branding is important to you). You’ll own audience acquisition, engagement and segmentation, as well as brand reach. You’ll be living in the numbers (making sure your initiatives meet goals and KPIs) while identifying growth opportunities, develop and deliver plans to capitalize on those opportunities. You’ll profile personas and demographics and drive initiatives to reach those groups.
- Experienced digital pro with a background in marketing, business development or similar vertical
- Encyclopedic knowledge of and proven track-record scaling audience acquisition, engagement, and retention in alignment with ROI and business goals
- Writes SEO-friendly headlines that maximize traffic and engagement through the roof
- Uses a variety of distribution channels to grow audience and fearless in blazing new trails in search of audience
- Possess a 6th Sense on what resonates with audience and understand what makes people want to share content.
If you can think big, but your stand-out ability is to grow a brand and lay out a game plan that will lead to millions of new users and drives revenue, we want to talk to you.Apply