Editor – The Future of Computing
San Francisco, CA
We are a world-renowned name in technology news and are building a dynamic team of editors to tell the technology stories that really matter.
The future is today
MIT Technology Review is the gateway to the world of important innovations and technologies changing how we live, work and play. We’re looking for someone to convey the excitement and opportunities created by advances in computing but who will also be able to take a critical look at the technology.
You will cover what’s current, relevant, new and innovative about the future of computing, reporting on such subjects as artificial intelligence, quantum computing, and new hardware and software by writing timely articles relevant to the day’s news and longer features exploring advances in computing technologies and the people responsible for them.
The ideal candidate
The right candidate will have the expertise to write about complex topics but will be excited and challenged to produce articles that are accessible and meaningful to a wide audience of tech savvy readers. You will have a curiosity about new technologies and the people creating them.
With a keen instinct for finding technologies that truly matter, and little patience for over-hyped breakthroughs, you will turn those ideas and information into compelling, clear and insightful stories.
- Experienced in commissioning, editing and writing about technology news
- Strong reporting experience and the ability to find and identify important stories
- Able to tell stories in various formats and platforms
- Sourcing and managing freelancers
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Able to maintain a strong public presence representing MITTR on the future of computing at conferences, in the press, and among companies and the research community
- Desire to build a new journalism product and customer experience across platforms including digital, print and other forms of media, broadening our outreach
- Write exclusive, insightful and compelling stories that will gain attention, be informative and delight our readers.