Digital Advertising and Marketing Associate
MIT Technology Review is a world-renowned technology publisher, and we are building our advertising sales team to help us grow our sales revenues and campaigns. The Digital Advertising and Marketing Associate will play an important role in supporting this team, working hand in hand with the Director of Strategic Partnerships, the Digital Sales Strategy Manager, and the sales and custom content “Insights” teams.
The future is today
And MIT Technology Review is the gateway to the world of important innovations and technologies changing how we live, work, and play. We are looking for a Sales Marketing Associate to help us grow our sales revenues and manage implementation and performance of all advertising campaigns.
You will be responsible for working in collaboration with the sales, custom Insights, and events teams as well as with other TR colleagues. In response to RFPs, you will create sales proposals that include current company information, research, and ad campaign recommendations. You will maintain campaigns with the Digital Sales Strategy Manager and Insights team. Other responsibilities include:
- Loading custom articles/blogs onto technologyreview.com with proper attribution.
- Identifying new ad products and maintaining general understanding of ad-serving technology and implementation.
- Working with advertisers to ensure that supplied creative fits all ad server and site requirements.
- Trafficking and reporting all online advertising campaigns (including banner, social media, and newsletter sponsorships).
You will create and distribute a weekly internal sales update and maintain all media kit materials.
The ideal candidate
Will have strong organizational and time management skills, the ability to work independently, and excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as familiarity with ad-serving technology and syndicated research. You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You have excellent design and PowerPoint skills and confidence and an interest in learning new technologies. Desired qualities include the following:
- Familiarity with ad-serving technology, implementation, and interfaces
- Ability to communicate by email and phone with senior executives
- Facility with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and advanced PowerPoint)
- Experience with Photoshop or other design software preferred but not required
- Sales forecasting and audience research experience a plus
- Comfort working with social media and the ability to learn a variety of web-based programs
- Experience with communications, marketing, or technology projects