- Google Launches Effort to Build Its Own Quantum Computer
Google’s crack at a quantum computer is a bid to change computing forever.
- Fingerprinting Infants Helps Track Vaccinations in Developing Countries
Biometrics researchers are using off-the-shelf fingerprint sensors and new software to track vaccination records of young children in Africa.
- Hackers Are Homing in on Hospitals
Computer criminals are increasingly capturing valuable information stored on hospital computer networks.
- A Path to Better Smartphone Cameras
A Canadian startup turns to software to improve the quality and reduce the size of smartphone cameras.
- On the Horns of the GMO Dilemma
Can genome-editing technology revive the idea of genetically modified livestock?
- Controlled Crystals Make a New Solar Material Practical
A new kind of low-cost, high efficiency solar cell emerges thanks to crystals known as perovskites.
- A Dating Site for Algorithms
A startup called Algorithmia wants to connect underused algorithms with those who want to make sense of data. <