MIT Technology Review is seeking a Design Assistant to support the design staff in the day-to-day operation of the department and to assist in developing creative for print, digital, and event projects.
- - conceptualizing, commissioning, and/or sourcing imagery for daily Web stories
- - assisting in the creation and maintenance of project schedules
- - trafficking contracts and invoices to and from freelance artists
- - maintaining all brand assets and collateral for MIT Technology Review and the MIT Enterprise Forum
- - managing photo syndication inventory
- - developing presentation materials in Keynote and PowerPoint
- - supporting the design and production of editorial projects, including the bi-monthly print magazine, by formatting departments, columns, and class notes sections
- - supporting the design and production of marketing collateral by executing sell sheets, display advertisements, and direct mail
Successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent and a portfolio which demonstrates strong visual, communication, and project management skills. Proficiency in InDesign, PhotoShop and Illustrator is essential, as is familiarity with best practices of contemporary digital design. We are looking for a well-organized, collaborative, detail- and solutions-oriented team player who does excellent work under tight deadlines.
About MIT Technology Review
Technology Review, Inc., is an independent media company owned by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Its mission is to promote the understanding of emerging technologies and to analyze their commercial, economic, social, and political impacts on society. With its online businesses, print publications, newsletters, and signature events, MIT Technology Review reaches more than two million industry and R&D leaders throughout the world.
MIT Technology Review offers a creative and intellectually charged work environment with competitive compensation and benefits through MIT.
Please visit web.mit.edu/jobs, ref. mit-11182. Please include a link to your online portfolio and/or personal Web site.