A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week ending August 22, 2015)
Another chance to catch the most interesting and important articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- 35 Innovators Under 35
Our 15th annual celebration of people who are driving the next generation of technological breakthroughs.
- Researcher Demonstrates How to Suck Carbon from the Air, Make Stuff from It
A novel electrochemical process sequesters carbon in the form of a versatile building material.
- Inside Illumina’s Plans to Lure Consumers with an App Store for Genomes
An app store that holds your DNA, then sells it to you little by little.
- Intel’s Reinvention of the Hard Drive Could Make All Kinds of Computers Faster
A new kind of hard drive available next year will be able to move your data many times faster than the best today.
- Synthetic Life Seeks Work
A startup company says it is expanding the language of DNA to create new tools for drug discovery.
- A Robotic Walk in the Woods
A humanoid machine stumbling around the forest does not foreshadow a robot uprising.
- Startup Aims to Beat Google to Market with Self-Driving Golf Cart
The startup Auro says its self-driving golf cart will lead to autonomous shuttles for theme parks, vacation resorts, and retirement communities.