A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week Ending August 1, 2015)
Another chance to catch the most interesting, and important, articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- Amazon Lays Out Its Vision for a Sky Thronging with Delivery Drones
To get its drone delivery service off the ground, Amazon must convince regulators to adopt its ideas for drone traffic control.
- Lessons from the Digital Classroom
Technologists and venture capitalists are betting that the data online learning generates will reshape education.
- Chinese Carmaker Is Testing Car-to-Car Communications
China’s leading carmaker is testing technology that would let vehicles communicate wirelessly with each other and with traffic signals.
- As Patents Expire, Farmers Plant Generic GMOs
Monsanto no longer controls one of the biggest innovations in the history of agriculture.
- How to Help Self-Driving Cars Make Ethical Decisions
Researchers are trying to program self-driving cars to make split-second decisions that raise real ethical questions.
- Messaging App Weaves Smartphones Into an Alternative Internet
FireChat can link Android and Apple phones into a long-range communications network even when the cell network is down.
- China Will Soon Leapfrog Traditional Leaders in Nuclear Power
China generates only about 2 percent of its total electricity using nuclear power, but it is adding new reactors much faster than any other country.