A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week Ending July 25, 2015)
Another chance to catch the most interesting, and important, articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- Will Football Players Someday Take a Concussion Pill?
New research provides a potential pathway to a drug to save people from the progressive damage of severe or repeated concussions.
- British Navy Warship Tests a 3-D-Printed Drone at Sea
The successful launch of a 3-D-printed drone from a ship shows a possible route to cheaper autonomous aircraft.
- Inside Amazon
At a new fulfillment center in New Jersey, humans and robots work together in a highly efficient system.
- Google’s Self-Driving-Car Chief Defends Safety Record
The head of Google’s project to develop a self-driving vehicle, Chris Urmson, says his cars are considerably safer than those driven by humans.
- New GMO Rice for Higher Yield, Less Global Warming
Rice plants try this one weird trick to cut greenhouse-gas emissions and increase yield.
- Controlling the Police Cameras
If police must wear body cameras, we need to make sure they’re recording when they should, and only then.
- To Treat Alzheimer’s, Drugmakers Embrace Early Intervention, Imaging Tests
New antibody drugs show promise in slowing the advance of Alzheimer’s disease.