A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week Ending June 27, 2015)
Another chance to catch the most interesting, and important, articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- 50 Smartest Companies 2015
Massive solar panel factories. Fertility treatments. Friendly robots. Meet the companies reshaping the technology business.
- The Wait-for-Google-to-Do-It Strategy
America’s communications infrastructure is finally getting some crucial upgrades because one company is forcing competition when regulators won’t.
- The Struggle for Accurate Measurements on Your Wrist
Wearable devices are getting more advanced, but can today’s technology really measure our health?
- The Great Cancer Test Experiment
New diagnostics can find the DNA that drives a tumor, but evidence that they help patients is missing.
- Exiting Stealth Mode, 24M Takes On the Battery Industry
A startup from one of the A123 founders aims to overhaul the making of lithium-ion batteries–but it’s not the first to try.
- Nano Satellites Work with Ground Sensors to Offer New Eye on Disaster Relief and Agriculture
A swarm of small satellites could give critical infrastructure an Internet connection that never goes down.
- Computers Are Getting a Dose of Common Sense
A startup called MetaMind has developed a new, improved algorithm for processing language.