A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week Ending June 20, 2015)
Another chance to catch the most interesting, and important, articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- Biotech’s Coming Cancer Cure
Supercharge your immune cells to defeat cancer? Juno Therapeutics believes its treatments can do exactly that.
- Who Will Own the Robots?
We’re in the midst of a jobs crisis, and rapid advances in AI and other technologies may be one culprit. How can we get better at sharing the wealth that technology creates?
- EmTech Digital 2015 Media Coverage
MIT Technology Review’s annual emerging digital technology event garners hundreds of stories, millions of eyeballs.
- Climate Change: Why the Tropical Poor Will Suffer Most
As the Pope calls for action on climate change, a growing body of evidence shows that low-latitude countries will feel the heaviest effects of global warming.
- Soft Robotic Glove Could Put Daily Life Within Patients’ Grasp
The latest in assistive technology is a lightweight glove that helps patients with limited mobility grab and pick up objects.
- Scientists Capture the Energy of Evaporation to Drive Tiny Engines
Devices produce electricity from spores resting on water’s surface, but practical applications remain distant.
- Facebook and Google Think You’re Ready for Some More Facial Recognition
New services from Facebook and Google extend the reach of facial recognition. Do people still find it creepy?