A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week Ending May 30, 2015)
Another chance to catch the most interesting, and important, articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- Bladeless Wind Turbines May Offer More Form Than Function
Startup Vortex Bladeless makes a turbine that looks intriguing, but it may not solve wind power’s challenges.
- Fixing China’s Coal Problem
China has rapidly cleaned up its coal plants. Now comes the hard part.
- Food Technology for All
We may be heading toward a new food economy that’s more competitive and innovative.
- Robots Start to Grasp Food Processing
Advances in robotics make it possible to automate tasks such as processing poultry and vegetables.
- Mobile Call Quality Gets a Long-Overdue Upgrade
Wireless companies and a few ambitious startups are racing to make your cell-phone calls better.
- An Algorithm That Can Help Robots Walk Off Injuries
Robots can now keep moving after an injury without human intervention.
- Is This the First Computational Imagination?
The ability to read a description of a scene and then picture it has always been uniquely human. Not anymore.