A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week Ending May 2, 2015)
Another chance to catch the most interesting, and important, articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- Rethinking the Manufacturing Robot
A company that makes robots designed to work closely with humans has a new version that addresses the limitations of its first effort.
- Smartphone Secrets May Be Better Than a Password
Researchers are investigating whether recalling text messages, calls, and Facebook likes could be a useful log-in strategy.
- The Hackers’ New Weapons: Routers and Printers
Criminals are hijacking home and office routers and printers to help them overwhelm websites with traffic.
- IBM Shows Off a Quantum Computing Chip
A new superconducting chip made by IBM demonstrates a technique crucial to the development of quantum computers.
- Small Display Bedevils Some Apple Watch Apps
The 3,500 apps available for the Apple Watch show the device’s promise and pitfalls.
- Online Fact-Checking Tool Gets a Big Test with Nepal Earthquake
An organization crowdsources the verification of rumors on social media in the Nepal disaster zone.
- A Warehouse Worker’s Best Friend—or Replacement?
Robots that work alongside warehouse workers could make online shopping even more efficient and eventually replace human employees altogether.