A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week Ending August 23, 2014)
Another chance to catch the most interesting, and important, articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- 35 Innovators Under 35 | 2014
Our 14th annual celebration of people who are driving the next generation of technological breakthroughs.
- In Praise of Efficient Price Gouging
Uber’s most important innovation is the way it prices its services. But that innovation has not been unreservedly welcomed by customers. They’re wrong.
- Insect Farming Is Taking Shape as Demand for Animal Feed Rises
As the world grows hungrier for animal protein, insects could be the new way to feed livestock.
- An Air-Quality Monitor You Take with You
Startup Chemisense is developing a wearable chemical sensor that could help asthma sufferers avoid attacks.
- Robots Rising
Do robots kill jobs? Not necessarily.
- A Startup Hopes to Teach Computers to Spot Tumors in Medical Scans
Enlitic wants to make medicine smarter and faster with machine learning.
- Researchers Hack Into Michigan’s Traffic Lights
Security flaws in a system of networked stoplights point to looming problems with an increasingly connected infrastructure.