A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week Ending March 21, 2014)
Another chance to catch the most interesting, and important, articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- Facebook Creates Software That Matches Faces Almost as Well as You Do
Facebook’s new AI research group reports a major improvement in face-processing software.
- Spying Is Bad for Business
Can we trust an Internet that’s become a weapon of governments?
- Apps by the Dashboard Light
New cars will soon come with high-bandwidth connections and app stores.
- The U.S. Can’t Really Undermine Russia by Exporting Gas
No matter how fast export facilities for liquefied natural gas are approved, it will be years before the U.S. can challenge Russia’s position as a dominant supplier.
- Look, Smartphone: No Hands!
Controlling an iPhone or Android phone with just your voice and a noise-cancelling headset is doable, but frustrating.
- Why Google Doesn’t Have a Research Lab
Google manages to invest in fundamental research without having a traditional lab in which to do it.
- Motorola’s Smart Watch Looks Pretty Sweet
Motorola’s Moto 360 smart watch looks a lot like a regular watch but can still act like a computer.