- Plan to Fabricate a Genome Raises Questions on Designer Humans
What will scientists do with $100 million to mass-produce genes in the lab?
- How Dirty Is Your Air?
What one family learned from using a $200 air-quality sensor for a month.
- Why Autocorrect for Passwords Is a Great Idea
Letting people into their online accounts even when they mistype their password could make life easier without compromising security.
- Six Months after Paris Accord, We’re Losing the Climate-Change Battle
A new report from the International Energy Agency includes projections for reductions in energy use and carbon dioxide emissions that could be wildly optimistic.
- Monsanto Cultivates a Rose That Doesn’t Wilt
New advances in biotechnology could keep your flowers in bloom longer.
- How Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant Will Make Money Off You
While helping us get things done, virtual assistants will also give tech companies valuable new insights into our lives.
- Should We Let Internet Companies Define How We Express Ourselves?
Facebook and Twitter, among others, have agreed to enact a more stringent way of policing hate speech on their platforms in Europe. <