- 2014 in Biomedicine: Rewriting DNA, Decoding the Brain, and a GMO Paradox
From genetically modified foods to gene therapy, 2014 was a big year for rewriting biology.
- Could Passenger Planes Be Tracked More Closely?
Several technologies allow aircraft to be tracked over the ocean via satellite, but most solutions are costly.
- New Form of Memory Could Advance Brain-Inspired Computers
A new kind of computer memory could help make more capable computer chips that function more like biological brains, say IBM researchers.
- 2014 in Computing: Breakthroughs in Artificial Intelligence
The past year saw progress in developing hardware and software capable of human feats of intelligence.
- How Tesla Boosted Its Roadster’s Range by 50 Percent
An upgrade to the Roadster extends its range and shows how far battery technology has come.
- The Top Technology Failures of 2014
What do the latest technologies to flop, fizzle, and flame out tell us about innovation?
- Device Squeezes Cells to Get Drugs In
A new way to get materials into cells might clear the way for powerful treatments for diseases like cancer and HIV. <