- Future Smartphones Won’t Need Cell Towers to Connect
Qualcomm, Facebook, and other tech companies are experimenting with technology that lets smartphones use their LTE radio to connect directly to other devices up to 500 meters away.
- Google Execs Have Ideas on How to Run Your Business
The ex-CEO and another longtime Google executive say the “new style of managing” they developed should be widely copied.
- Why the Shellshock Bug Is Worse than Heartbleed
We still don’t know how many systems are vulnerable to the Shellshock bug, but it is likely in the millions.
- Cancer-Detecting Yogurt Could Replace Colonoscopies
Engineered yogurt bacteria could make detecting colorectal cancer and other diseases as simple as a pregnancy test.
- Confessional in the Palm of Your Hand
Sure, people say some nasty things in anonymous apps, but the good far outweighs the bad.
- A Promising Step Toward Round-the-Clock Solar Power
A simple, cheap device turns sunlight into hydrogen fuel.
- What It Will Take for Computers to Be Conscious
The world’s best-known consciousness researcher says machines could one day become self-aware. <