- Business Adapts to a New Style of Computer
Are companies ready for billions of everyday objects to join the Internet?
- Wireless Power from Across the Room
A startup called Energous promises to charge your gadgets from across the room.
- Three Questions with the Man Leading Baidu’s New AI Effort
The Chinese Web giant Baidu is researching ways to build artificial neural networks that learn without guidance from humans. We spoke to the man leading that effort.
- Silicon Valley to Get a Cellular Network, Just for Things
A French company plans to build a wireless slow lane for small, low-power devices.
- How the U.S. Could Escalate Its Name-and-Shame Campaign Against China’s Espionage
Chinese companies believed to be benefiting from stolen secrets could be the next target of U.S. action to curb industrial espionage.
- Nerve-Stimulating Implant Could Lower Blood Pressure
Academics and pharmaceutical companies alike are looking to electrical implants as an alternative to drugs for treating disease.
- The Secret Science of Retweets
There’s a secret to persuading strangers to retweet your messages. And a machine learning algorithm has discovered it. <