- Google Glass Still Needs a Killer App
Glass is still a pain to use, but a few apps reveal what it could become.
- Heart Implants, 3-D-Printed to Order
Tailor-made medical devices could give a more detailed picture of cardiac health and may be better at predicting and preventing problems.
- Newsweek Says It’s Found Bitcoin Creator Satoshi Nakamoto
How reporters tracked down a reclusive California physicist and programmer.
- Watching for a Crimean Cyberwar Crisis
An info-war is under way as websites are blocked and telecom cables to Crimea are mysteriously cut.
- Intel Designs a Safe Meeting Place for Private Data
A super-secure place for sensitive data to mingle could free companies to get the benefits of sharing it without risking leaks.
- Can Gene Therapy Cure HIV?
Engineering a patient’s own immune cells to resist HIV could eliminate the need for lifelong antiretroviral therapies.
- How Airships Are Set to Revolutionize Science
Airships can patrol the upper atmosphere, monitoring the ground or peering at the stars for a fraction of a cost of satellites, according to a new report. All that’s needed is a prize to kick-start innovation. <