- Startup Thinks Its Battery Will Solve Renewable Energy’s Big Flaw
Aquion has started production of a low-cost sodium-ion battery aimed at making renewable energy viable.
- Around the World, Net Neutrality Is Not a Reality
In much of the world, the concept of “net neutrality” generates less public debate, given there’s no affordable Net in the first place.
- Tesla Motors’ Over-the-Air Repairs Are the Way Forward
Tesla and GM have both issued fire-related recalls, but Tesla’s fix doesn’t require owners to bring their cars in.
- The Power to Decide
What’s the point of all that data, anyway? It’s to make decisions.
- Chasing the Dream of Half-Price Gasoline from Natural Gas
A startup called Siluria thinks it’s solved a mystery that has stymied huge oil companies for decades.
- Securing the Smart Home, from Toasters to Toilets
Efforts are underway to make your smart toilet—and other connected devices—less vulnerable to hackers.
- How the Friendship Paradox Makes Your Friends Better Than You Are
The friendship paradox is the empirical observation that your friends have more friends than you do. Now network scientists say your friends are probably wealthier and happier, too. <