- Researchers ID Thousands of Organic Materials for Use in Solar Cells
Using computers to virtually test new molecules could lead to new types of solar cells.
- How Technology Is Destroying Jobs
Automation is reducing the need for people in many jobs. Are we facing a future of stagnant income and worsening inequality?
- Today’s Phones and Tablets Will Die Out Like the PC
The mobile computers killing the PC will themselves be replaced as computing becomes embedded into the world around us.
- Obama Orders EPA to Regulate Power Plants in Wide-Ranging Climate Plan
The president presents a plan to use the EPA to regulate carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- Study Shows Many iPhone Apps Defy Apple’s Privacy Advice
Researchers say that over a third of iPhone apps still access a device’s unique identifier.
- The Internet of Cars Is Approaching a Crossroads
Wireless vehicle networks could make driving safer and more efficient, but the cost of deployment will be significant.
- Crowding into Biotech’s Densest Supercluster
Boston may overtake Silicon Valley at the top of the biotech heap. <
10 Breakthrough Technologies 2024
Every year, we look for promising technologies poised to have a real impact on the world. Here are the advances that we think matter most right now.
Scientists are finding signals of long covid in blood. They could lead to new treatments.
Faults in a certain part of the immune system might be at the root of some long covid cases, new research suggests.
AI for everything: 10 Breakthrough Technologies 2024
Generative AI tools like ChatGPT reached mass adoption in record time, and reset the course of an entire industry.
What’s next for AI in 2024
Our writers look at the four hot trends to watch out for this year
Get the latest updates from
MIT Technology Review
Discover special offers, top stories, upcoming events, and more.