Seven Must-Read Stories (Week Ending April 2, 2016)
Another chance to catch the most interesting, and important, articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- AI Hits the Mainstream
More industries are looking for ways to use artificial intelligence. What will that mean for the technology’s future?
- How to Fix Microsoft’s Offensive Chatbot Using Tips from Marvin Minsky and Improv Comedy
The notorious Tay would have been tamer if it had been able to tell when people were messing with it.
- Sorry, Shoppers: Delivery Drones Might Not Fly for a While
Despite legislative momentum behind projects like those being developed by Google, Amazon, and others, big technology challenges stand in the way of delivery drones.
- Sound Makes Virtual Reality a More Powerful Painkiller
Listening to audio while playing a VR game can help you control pain, new research indicates.
- Tesla’s Cheaper Model 3 Could Strain Charging Infrastructure
The more-affordable Tesla Model 3, to be unveiled Thursday, is projected to sell in huge numbers. But will there be enough places to charge them?
- How Google Plans to Solve Artificial Intelligence
Mastering Go is just the beginning for Google DeepMind, which hopes to create human-like AI.
- Zika Attacked an Unborn Baby’s Brain as Doctors Watched
U.S. and Finnish doctors caught the brain-shrinking virus in action and say tests to screen for such problems are possible.