A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week ending January 9, 2016)
Another chance to catch the most interesting and important articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- Human-Animal Chimeras Are Gestating on U.S. Research Farms
A radical new approach to generating human organs is to grow them inside pigs or sheep.
- Battles Over Net Metering Cloud the Future of Rooftop Solar
Nevada’s reversal of net metering fees for solar owners marks a dramatic turn in the fight over solar policies.
- Promising New Solar Material Boosts Performance of Silicon
Researchers say they’ve overcome an obstacle to making highly efficient solar devices by combining silicon with a new material.
- Oculus Rift Gets a Price Tag: $599
Oculus’s price for its first consumer virtual-reality headset may influence how others price theirs.
- Recommended Reads on the Robot and AI Beat This Week
A roundup of interesting stories on robotics and artificial intelligence from other sites, collected by Will Knight, MIT Technology Review’s senior editor for AI.
- Intel Really, Really Wants You to Wear a Computer
Intel is finally getting ready to ship a tiny computer that could help make wearable gadgets a lot sleeker.
- How Drones May Avoid Collisions by Sharing Knowledge
Instead of programming drones to know what to do in every single scenario, a Stanford lab is giving them the intelligence to understand their surroundings.