A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week ending January 2, 2016)
Another chance to catch the most interesting and important articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- What Robots and AI Learned in 2015
It was the year that self-driving cars became a commercial reality; robots gained all sorts of new abilities; and some people worried about the existential threat posed by super-intelligent future AI.
- Four Important Things to Expect in Virtual Reality in 2016
Expect a banner year for virtual reality. Here are some of the biggest things to look forward to in the months ahead.
- Here’s What We Learned About Concussion Detection in 2015 (And What We Still Don’t Know)
Better concussion diagnostics will give scientists and physicians a more detailed understanding of brain injury.
- Renewable Energy Trading Launched in Germany
Peer-to-peer energy trading is cropping up in several markets, including the United States.
- 10 Breakthrough Technologies of 2015: Where Are They Now?
In February we chose our 10 Breakthrough Technologies of 2015—here’s how they have advanced since.
- The Best Technology GIFs of 2015
We collected the most mesmerizing short clips about emerging technology from MIT Technology Review stories during 2015.
- The Energy Startup Conundrum
An inventor of a storage technology tries to outlast a brutal stretch for new energy companies.