A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week ending December 26, 2015)
Another chance to catch the most interesting and important articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- The 6 Most Important Things That Happened in Virtual Reality in 2015
A lot happened in virtual reality this year; here are the key things to remember.
- A Giant Leap (Backward) for Space Travel
By successfully returning one of its rockets to Earth, SpaceX has shown a way to revolutionize the space industry.
- In the Future, Magnets May Track Your Fingers in Virtual Reality
Oculus and university researchers are working on a project that relies on electromagnets to keep an eye on all your fingers in virtual space.
- Hot and Violent
Researchers have begun to understand the economic and social damage caused by climate change.
- Early Intervention
We need therapies to help those with Down syndrome reach their potential.
- A Master Algorithm Lets Robots Teach Themselves to Perform Complex Tasks
One researcher has developed a simple way to let robots generate remarkably sophisticated behaviors.
- Brain Scars Detected in Concussions
A closer look at the brains of soldiers who have suffered concussions reveals evidence of injuries that were invisible to conventional imaging methods.