A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week ending August 29, 2015)
Another chance to catch the most interesting and important articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- When Virtual Reality Collides with Reality, It’s Surreal
A Portland startup called Wild is combining virtual reality with elements of the physical world.
- Uber Project May Improve Autonomous Cars’ Vision
Uber’s collaboration with the University of Arizona could make laser mapping systems for cars cheaper and more practical.
- New Boss on Construction Sites Is a Drone
Drones are being used to capture video footage that shows construction progress at the Sacramento Kings’ new stadium in California.
- DOE Attempts to Jump-Start Concentrated Solar
Researchers seek breakthroughs for a technology designed to make solar more efficient.
- Two Companies Close In on a Concussion Blood Test
A pair of companies say they’ve identified proteins that could lead to a blood test to quickly diagnose concussions.
- Market Fall Masks Renewable Energy’s Bright Future
Why low oil prices will not halt the clean-energy revolution.
- Microsoft Says Programmable Chips Will Make AI Software Smarter
A new approach to powering AI software could produce artificial neural networks of “unprecedented size,” says Microsoft.