A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week Ending June 6, 2015)
Another chance to catch the most interesting, and important, articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- EmTech Digital 2015
Full coverage of EmTech Digital in San Francisco, June 1-2, 2015.
- DARPA’s Robot Challenge May Equip Robots to One Day Walk Among Us
The DARPA challenge, designed to make robots disaster-ready, could have far-reaching technological benefits.
- Rebooting the Human Genome
The official map of the human genome can’t tell you everything about your genes. Does graph theory offer a better way?
- AI Supercomputer Built by Tapping Data Warehouses for Their Idle Computing Power
Sentient claims to have assembled machine-learning muscle to rival Google by rounding up idle computers.
- New Device Could Be a Safer Alternative to Lung Ventilators
Using chip technology to precisely mimic blood vessels in the lungs could be a better way to treat patients with lung failure.
- Big Data Will Keep the Shale Boom Rolling
Don’t believe the doomsayers proclaiming the end of the shale oil boom. It’s just getting more efficient.
- Startup Aims to Scour the Dark Web for Stolen Data
New technology protects customer privacy while it crawls the Dark Web for data compromised in corporate breaches.