A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week Ending March 21, 2015)
Another chance to catch the most interesting, and important, articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- Virtual Reality Advertisements Get in Your Face
Some companies see virtual and augmented reality as a way to make money from a new type of ads.
- The Best Virtual-Reality Experience So Far
Game developer Valve has been working on its own virtual-reality hardware—and it’s more impressive than anything else I’ve tried.
- Rewriting the Rules of Turing’s Imitation Game
Some researchers are searching for more meaningful ways to measure artificial intelligence.
- Goodbye, Internet Explorer
Microsoft’s legendary browser is getting replaced. It’s about time.
- Hybrid Power Could Help Drone Delivery Take Off
A prototype hybrid quadcopter can fly several times farther than conventional battery-powered ones.
- High-Speed 3-D Printing
A startup’s version of 3-D printing is faster and cheaper (and makes better objects).
- Scientists Call for a Summit on Gene-Edited Babies
Nobel Prize winners raise alarm over genetic engineering of humans.