A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week Ending March 7, 2015)
Another chance to catch the most interesting, and important, articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- Engineering the Perfect Baby
Scientists are developing ways to edit the DNA of tomorrow’s children. Should they stop before it’s too late?
- Google Researchers Make Quantum Computing Components More Reliable
Researchers from a university and Google demonstrate a crucial error-correction step needed to make quantum computing practical.
- Five Cool Things Revealed at Mobile World Congress
This year’s Mobile World Congress was about everything except the mobile phones.
- An App Inspired by App Overload
An app called Vurb aims to make it easier to search for stuff to do using a smartphone.
- Electronic Inks Make 3-D Printing More Promising
A startup called Voxel8 is using materials expertise to extend the capabilities of 3-D printing.
- Smart Watches Show More Style and Substance
New and improved smart watches were unveiled at Mobile World Congress—but consumers remain unconvinced.
- Zuckerberg: Internet Growth Means More than Drones
Efforts to expand Internet access via mobile technologies may be stymied by economic and social challenges.