A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week Ending February 28, 2015)
Another chance to catch the most interesting, and important, articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- Google’s AI Masters Space Invaders (But It Still Stinks at Pac-Man)
Google’s artificial-intelligence researchers say software that learns to play video games could graduate to the real world before long.
- New Titanium-Making Process Could Result in Lighter Aircraft
A new process could extend the use of titanium for lightweight, more fuel-efficient airplanes.
- New Display Technology Lets LCDs Produce Princess Leia-Style Holograms
Startup aims to give mobile devices the power to display full-color holographic images and video.
- Does Obama’s Keystone Veto Matter?
The Keystone XL pipeline is a distraction from what’s really needed to solve climate change.
- Venture Capitalists Love Biotech Right Now
Scientific advances and new business models are spurring investor confidence in biomedical-related ventures.
- A Smart-Watch Pioneer Has an Answer for Apple
As the Apple Watch casts a shadow across the smart-watch market, Pebble preps a wrist-worn gadget with a color e-paper display.
- Five Loopholes That Could Undermine Net Neutrality
“Open Internet” rules are on the verge of being approved in the U.S., but crucial details remain unclear.