A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week Ending January 31, 2014)
Another chance to catch the most interesting, and important, articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- “Honey Encryption” Will Bamboozle Attackers with Fake Secrets
A new approach to encryption beats attackers by presenting them with fake data.
- Bitcoin Pioneer Arrested
Officials have charged another Bitcoin entrepreneur with money laundering.
- A 96-Antenna System Tests the Next Generation of Wireless
Rice University is testing a highly efficient wireless communications system.
- Why It’s Fine That Obama Didn’t Mention Tar Sands
A proposed pipeline from Canada won’t increase greenhouse gas emssions.
- First Tests of Prototype Organic Wires Grown from Seedlings
Self-growing circuits made out of biological structures such as plant stems act as temperature sensors and more, says expert in unconventional computing.
- Audi Bets on Bio Gasoline Startup
Startup Global Bioenergies uses genetic engineering to avoid one of the costliest steps in biofuel production.
- How a Database of the World’s Knowledge Shapes Google’s Future
Compiling a giant database of all the facts in the world could help Google’s future products understand you better.