A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week Ending December 27, 2013)
Another chance to catch the most interesting, and important, articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- Google’s Robot Recruits Dominate DARPA’s Rescue Challenge
Two companies acquired by Google demonstrate remarkable feats of agility and dexterity (albeit slowly) at a competition held in Florida.
- Kalashnikov’s Legacy
A 2005 story in MIT Technology Review explained the ubiquity of the AK-47.
- 2013: The Year in Internet Stories
Fitness bands, watches, smoke detectors: what will be put online next?
- 2013: The Best Biomedicine Stories of the Year
A push for new brain-mapping technology and a ban on some gene patents showcase ongoing advances in biomedical technology.
- Q&A with James Kuffner, Google Robotics Researcher
At a military contest in Miami, a Google scientist discusses the future of robotics.
- Novel Circuit Shrinks Laptop Chargers, Could Improve Appliance Efficiency
A new kind of power adapter is barely bigger than a plug.
- 2013: The Year in Communications
Along with NSA spying revelations, 2013 brought faster wireless technologies, global connectivity expansion, and new communications business models.