Seven Must-Read Stories (Week Ending August 30, 2013)
Another chance to catch the most interesting, and important, articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- Hacked Feature Phone Can Block Other People’s Calls
Swapping software can give one GSM phone the power to prevent incoming calls and text messages from reaching other phones nearby.
- A Camera That Sees like the Human Eye
IBM’s brainlike computer architecture paves the way for a new kind of artificial vision.
- A Wearable Computer More Powerful than Glass, And Even More Awkward
A startup that makes 3-D glasses stands out, in part, by including Steve Mann on its team.
- Innovators Under 35 | 2013
Our 13th annual celebration of people who are driving the next generation of technological breakthroughs.
- Why Microsoft’s Next CEO Should Break Up the Company
Microsoft’s too bloated to innovate. Busting it up into specialized companies would solve that problem nicely.
- Copy Protection for 3-D Printing Aims to Prevent a Piracy Plague
Streaming designs to 3-D printers like Netflix does movies could prevent unauthorized copying.
- System Lets Surgeons Image the Brain While they Operate On It
A real-time MRI system can help surgeons perform faster and safer brain operations.