Seven Must-Read Stories (Week Ending July 19, 2013)
Another chance to catch the most interesting, and important, articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- Edit Wars Reveal The 10 Most Controversial Topics on Wikipedia
An analysis of the most highly contested articles on Wikipedia reveals the controversies that appear invariant across languages and cultures.
- Forget Battery Swapping: Tesla Aims to Charge Electric Cars in Five Minutes
Tesla Motors is pushing the limits of charging technology to make electric vehicles as practical as gas-powered cars.
- It’s Up to You, Entrepreneurs
Startup scenes are popping up in cities all over the world. Brad Feld is part of the reason.
- Bill Gates: Software Assistants Could Help Solve Global Problems
The founder of Microsoft says we have reached a “golden age” of computer science enabling more powerful assistant software.
- Finding Cancer Cells in the Blood
Technologies that can pull tumor cells from patients’ blood are giving researchers an unprecedented look at cancer.
- A Manufacturing Tool Builds 3-D Heart Tissue
A layer-by-layer fabrication tool lets researchers quickly form complicated biological tissue in three-dimensional space.
- Microsoft Has an Operating System for Your House
Microsoft aims to simplify home automation with software that connects different Internet-enabled devices.