A View from MIT Technology Review
Seven Must-Read Stories (Week Ending July 12, 2013)
Another chance to catch the most interesting, and important, articles from the previous week on MIT Technology Review.
- Once a Joke, Battery-Powered Airplanes Are Nearing Reality
Aerospace companies are working on hybrid electric airplanes, and the earliest versions will likely arrive before the end of the decade.
- Next in Wearable Computing: A Device for Dogs
As Google Glass gains momentum, companies and researchers are trying to decide what will be the next big breakthrough in wearable technology.
- Baby Born After Genome Analyzed in IVF Test
DNA analysis continues its baby boom.
- Build Your Own Internet with Mobile Mesh Networking
Software can let smartphones, Wi-Fi routers, and other hardware link up without centralized Internet service.
- Monsanto’s Plan to Help the Honeybee
Monsanto and others look to RNA interference to fight widespread bee-killing mites.
- Why Toyota and GM Are Pushing Fuel-Cell Cars to Market
Falling costs are making fuel-cell vehicles look like a plausible alternative to conventional cars.
- Beijing’s Great Leap Forward
Kai-Fu Lee trained an army of Chinese engineers at Microsoft and Google. Now they’re turning Beijing into a technology powerhouse.