- How Technology Is Destroying Jobs
Automation is eliminating the need for people in many jobs. We’ve survived such changes before, but this time it might be different: are we facing a future of stagnant income and worsening inequality?
- The Strangeness of Facebook Home
Facebook’s new interface for smartphones is at odds with how the world uses computers.
- U.S. Supreme Court Says “Natural” Human Genes May Not Be Patented
A decision should reduce uncertainty in the field of molecular diagnostics.
- Bitcoin Millionaires Become Investing Angels
Early investors in Bitcoin got rich. Now they are the cryptocurrency’s most powerful gatekeepers.
- Companies Complying with NSA’s PRISM May Face E.U. Lawsuits
U.S. companies that pass data from European Union citizens to the NSA’s PRISM surveillance program could be breaching the E.U.’s data-protection laws.
- China Reveals First Space-Based Quantum Communications Experiment
The “Chinese Quantum Science Satellite” will launch in 2016.
- The Avatar Will See You Now
Medical centers are testing new, friendly ways to reduce the need for office visits by extending their reach into patients’ homes.