- How Technology Is Destroying Jobs
Automation is eliminating the need for people in many jobs. We’ve survived such changes before, but this time it might be different: are we facing a future of stagnant income and worsening inequality?
- The Strangeness of Facebook Home
Facebook’s new interface for smartphones is at odds with how the world uses computers.
- U.S. Supreme Court Says “Natural” Human Genes May Not Be Patented
A decision should reduce uncertainty in the field of molecular diagnostics.
- Bitcoin Millionaires Become Investing Angels
Early investors in Bitcoin got rich. Now they are the cryptocurrency’s most powerful gatekeepers.
- Companies Complying with NSA’s PRISM May Face E.U. Lawsuits
U.S. companies that pass data from European Union citizens to the NSA’s PRISM surveillance program could be breaching the E.U.’s data-protection laws.
- China Reveals First Space-Based Quantum Communications Experiment
The “Chinese Quantum Science Satellite” will launch in 2016.
- The Avatar Will See You Now
Medical centers are testing new, friendly ways to reduce the need for office visits by extending their reach into patients’ homes.
Subscribe to Continue Reading