Work with us
Senior sales manager, Asia
MIT Technology Review Insights is the custom publishing division of MIT Technology Review, the world’s longest-running technology magazine, backed by the world’s foremost technology institution. This division conducts qualitative and quantitative research and analysis in the US and abroad and publishes a wide variety of content. And through its growing Global Panel, MIT Technology Review Insights has unparalleled access to senior-level executives, innovators, and thought leaders worldwide for surveys and in-depth interviews.
To grow its custom content business, MIT Technology Review is now looking for a senior sales manager in Asia.
By closing business and achieving sales goals, the senior sales manager will support MIT Technology Review’s ambition to strengthen its business in the region with a special focus on its high-quality custom content offerings which include sponsored reports, articles, podcasts as well as annual initiatives such as the Green Future Index (https://www.technologyreview.com/gfi )
The senior sales manager must be results-oriented, energetic, and hard-working. The successful candidate will take a consultative approach to sales and will be able to work closely with senior level clients to generate compelling thought leadership programs the world over.
The candidate can be based in Singapore or Hong Kong. The hiring for this full-time role will be done via a locally-licensed employment agency. The candidate is understood to be already residing and allowed to work in the relevant city or country. We do not sponsor work permits.
Principal duties and responsibilities
The senior sales manager will:
- Work in the assigned geographies and industries to generate new leads
- Negotiate and close thought leadership custom content deals
- Track sales revenue to regularly report on sales achievements
- Reach goals through a variety of sales techniques including, where possible and applicable, face-to-face meetings, cold calls, sales blitzes etc.
- Establish long-lasting relationships with clients
- Work with the Insights production team as necessary
- Cooperate and strategize with other members of the sales team as necessary
This role reports directly to the head of Insights and international and does not exercise supervision on others.
Qualifications & skills
- 5 to 7 years of experience in sales at leading consulting outfits or B2B media players
- An existing strong network of connections at multinational corporations in the assigned region at a decision-making level
- A sound understanding of the business outlook and the markets of the assigned region
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or equivalent field
- A proven track record of large and international thought leadership sales
- High proficiency in written and spoken English
- Confidence and eloquence in presenting and relating to senior-level executives
- Experience working with media agencies is a plus
Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume to James.Wall@technologyreview.com