Work with us
Senior Event Content Producer
MIT Technology Review seeks a Senior Event Content Producer to support our rapidly growing events business. Complementing the content generated from one of the world’s most respected technology media companies, these events and conferences are show productions of the highest quality. Reporting to the Director of Event Content and Experiences, this role will supplement our increasing lineup of world-class conferences and custom client programs (www.technologyreview.com/events.)
The role will work closely with the events, editorial, marketing, and sales teams to accelerate the growth of MIT Technology Review’s live event product offerings by helping to develop and implement new event topics and themes, as well as ensuring that all existing conferences and events have appropriate, relevant and compelling content for the market. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of how technology is affecting businesses, experience in programming emerging technology events, and, above all, superior writing, editing, communication, and project-management skills. The role is responsible architecting an agenda of enlightening speakers, immersive experiences and engaging networking activities to deliver an exceptional attendee experience.
This is a full-time position, located in our Cambridge, MA office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the lead on the planning and execution of events for constituents across the globe utilizing compelling custom event programming
- Conduct in-depth market research on conference topics and themes to ensure relevance and timeliness of conference content
- Independently design conference concepts including themes, formats, and titles
- Identify engaging and informed speakers and subject matter experts. Coordinate their content and stories to contribute to the event narrative
- Recruit and manage conference advisory board(s) for assigned events
- Negotiates pricing and contracts with vendors and ensure synergies between coordinated vendor activities.
- Guides event planning team, overseeing the work of the team particularly in the area of strategic development of programs, events, speakers, and event experience
- Manage speakers for specific events, including invitations, communications, content briefing coordination and content preparation.
- Work with speakers to prepare talks, including running speaker and panel preparation calls
- Write content abstracts and assist with marketing copy as needed
- Oversee the onsite program, including speaker preparation and agenda management
- Assist with custom events and client activations as needed
Supervision Received: Director of Event Experience and Content
Supervision Exercised: None
- Minimum 5 years of event programming experience, preferably within the technology space
- Demonstrated ability to program events that satisfy a demanding, intelligent, technology-savvy, and highly literate audience
- Demonstrated understanding of the competitive event landscape
- Desire to consistently enhance events and bring new ideas, strategic and executional
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, as this position will interact with a range of clients and stakeholders, including leaders in business, government, and academia
- Accustomed to working with and effectively managing the interests of multiple stakeholders on sensitive and deadline-driven projects
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- BA/BS required. Graduate degree desirable.
- Occasional travel required
MIT Technology Review offers an intellectually charged, creative work environment with competitive compensation and benefits through MIT.
About MIT Technology Review (www.technologyreview.com)
Founded at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1899, MIT Technology Review is a world-renowned, independent media company whose insight, analysis, reviews, interviews and live events explain the commercial, social and political impact of new technologies. MIT Technology Review derives its authority from the world's foremost technology institution and from its editors' deep technical knowledge, capacity to see technologies in their broadest context, and unequaled access to leading innovators and researchers. For 117 years, MIT Technology Review's mission has been to equip readers with the intelligence to understand a world shaped by technology and the impact upon their careers and lives.