Work with us
Senior Event Content Producer
MIT Technology Review seeks a Senior Event Content Producer to support our rapidly growing events business. Complementing the content generated from one of the world’s most respected technology media companies, these events and conferences are premium event experiences. Reporting to the Director of Event Content and Experiences, this role will support our increasing lineup of world-class in-person and online events described at www.technologyreview.com/events.
The role will work closely with the events, editorial, marketing, and sales teams to accelerate the growth of MIT Technology Review’s live event and digital product offerings by helping to develop and implement new event topics and themes, as well as ensuring that all existing conferences and events have appropriate, relevant, and compelling content for the market. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of how technology is affecting businesses, experience in programming emerging technology events, understanding of audience learning absorption, superior writing, editing, communication, and project-management skills. The role is responsible architecting an agenda of enlightening speakers, immersive experiences, and engaging networking activities to deliver an exceptional attendee experience for both online and on-site events.
This is a full-time position, located in our Cambridge, MA office. Remote candidates considered.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
· Strong, demonstrated understanding of attendee needs for individual event offerings, creating powerful content that serves these needs and inspires a prospect to register
· Independently lead the program development for on-site and online events, including topic selection, and identification of speaker candidates
· Coordinate speaker contributions across the full event narrative, manage invitations, communications, content briefing coordination and content preparation.
· Assist event team in designing session formats that best convey content to audience
· Write content abstracts to market sessions in online agenda
· Deliver all needed production assets according to event schedule, including a minute-to-minute show flow, master show script and presentation deck
· Manage event production order on the day in conjunction with the production team to ensure adherence to the show schedule
· Working knowledge of video editing tools, to produce polished session recordings Develop engaging event experiences for attendees such as tours and workshops
· Recruit and manage conference advisory boards for assigned events
· Conduct in-depth market research on conference topics and themes to design new, or evolve existing, events, ensuring relevance and timeliness of program content
· Research competitive events and connect with the event industry community
· Interface and assist with marketing to support audience generation activities as required
· Interface and assist with the event logistics team for a coordinated attendee experience
· Assist with custom events and client activations as needed
Education and Experience:
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum 5 years of event programming experience, preferably within the technology space
· Demonstrated ability to design events that satisfy a demanding, intelligent, technology-savvy, and highly literate audience
· Demonstrated understanding of the competitive event landscape
· Desire to consistently enhance events and bring new ideas, strategic and executional
· Superior written and verbal communication skills, as this position will interact with a range of clients and stakeholders, including leaders in business, government, and academia
· Accustomed to working with and effectively managing the interests of multiple stakeholders on sensitive and deadline-driven projects
· Excellent project management skills to deliver all required event assets on schedule
· Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
· Proficiency in team collaboration tools such as Slack and Zoom
· Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro, StreamYard, and Audacity for video production
· BA/BS required. Graduate degree desirable.
· Occasional travel required
** To comply with regulations by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the principal duties in job descriptions must be essential to the job. To identify essential functions, focus on the purpose and the result of the duties rather than the manner in which they are performed. The following definition applies: a job function is essential if removal of that function would fundamentally change the job.