Work with us
Human Resources Manager
This is a hands-on role focusing on hiring, employee relations, development, and training with an emphasis on supporting MIT TR’s day-to-day human resources needs. This role liaises with MIT to strengthen and develop relationships to keep MITTR staff connected and informed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Manage cost-effective, full-cycle recruitment process
- Ensure employee job descriptions are current and appropriately classified and that compensation is fair and equitable
- Oversee Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programs and initiatives.
- Manage the HR Budget
- Work closely with managers, staff and MIT central HR to handle employee relations situations
- Conceive and implement training and development activities at the direction of the CEO
- Maintain all HR transactions and record-keeping
- Review and forecast salary budget with Finance team
- Direct the employee rewards and recognition program
- Coordinate the performance management process
- Supervise the administration of employee benefits
This role reports to the VP of Finance
This role manages 1 FTE (Office Assistant/Coordinator)
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree with four years of HR experience.
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state employment laws and current HR content, principles, practices, recruitment channels, and trends.
- Ability to effectively handle complex and sensitive employee relations issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, and initiative.
** To comply with regulations by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the principal duties in job descriptions must be essential to the job. To identify essential functions, focus on the purpose and the result of the duties rather than the manner in which they are performed. The following definition applies: a job function is essential if removal of that function would fundamentally change the job.