Work with us
Director of Event Marketing
We’re looking for a highly motivated and energetic individual to join our team as the Director of Event Marketing. This individual will own the development and execution online and offline initiatives strategies to drive audience, achieve attendee revenue goals, generate brand awareness and build loyalty for MIT Technology Review (www.technologyreview.com) events virtually, physically, or in hybrid form.
This professional has honed skills in customer-facing event promotional and marketing tactics; work directly with internal stakeholders and manage vendor relationships; have an eye toward growth and hands-on, start-to-finish execution mentality to generating audience and attendee revenue growth.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Cultivate a keen interest in how technology affects society and business, technology information in the large events marketplace, as well as an understanding of audience and MIT TR as a whole.
- Develop multi-channel marketing plans by researching and defining event attendee requirements; identifying target audience, analyzing competitors' offerings, and identifying potential event partnerships.
- Exhibit strong understanding of various virtual event technologies and applicability to different program scenarios.
- Build strategy that drive demand by creating promotions that delights and engages, builds the brand, and expand MIT TR’s brand reach through virtual and live events, including social best practices for events.
- Capture the voice of MIT TR events and make lofty concepts like value proposition, programming themes come to life in a clear and compelling way including brand-, voice- and identity-language
- Collaborate with cross functional team to develop messaging and collateral for events as well as test new ways of driving more leads and more registrations.
- Use analytics to measure/report on campaigns, bring better understanding of attendees, their behaviors & interests, improve engagement and driving the continual optimization for future events.
- Drive audience segmentation and communication conversion strategies to generate higher conversion and greater ROI
- Provide vendor and partner oversight for marketing-related projects as well as managing internal and external resource and priorities.
Supervision Received: This role reports to the SVP of Marketing and Consumer Revenue
Supervision Exercised: None
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in marketing, marketing communications, related field of study or equivalent job experience.
- Minimum 5 years of event marketing experience, preferably in media and emerging tech.
- Proven experience developing audience for virtual and/or live events.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills: experience working across multiple organization, executive leadership, and external agencies to manage event strategy
- Sensitivity to graphic design and copy fitting
- Solid analytical capability and business decision-making ability.
- Strong organizational, communication and multitasking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, including project management, multitasking, time management, and meticulous attention to details.
- Basic knowledge of Marketing Automation / Optimization Tools
Please include a cover letter with your resume in the same document or PDF.
** To comply with regulations by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), the principal duties in job descriptions must be essential to the job. To identify essential functions, focus on the purpose and the result of the duties rather than the manner in which they are performed. The following definition applies: a job function is essential if removal of that function would fundamentally change the job.