Work with us
Director of Acquisition
We are looking for a confident, energetic, creative, and collaborative Director of Acquisition Marketing to shape and drive growth and scale for MIT Technology Review (www.technologyreview.com). Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Consumer Revenue this individual will lead a team that builds a strategy to drive brand awareness, acquisition and conversions across all channels. Our team is analyticial, creative and collaborative focused on building a healthy, strong business shaped around expert content, events and podcasts for the future.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Cultivate a keen interest in how technology affects business and society, building the MIT TR brand, and expanding our brand reach through events.
- Create multi-channel marketing plans by researching, analyzing, and defining target audience requirements; analyzing competitors’ offerings; and understanding MIT TR goals and objectives.
- Advocate for brand, voice, and identity of MIT TR across all channels.
- Design and oversee thoughtful marketing plans optimizing the customer journey across multiple channels, including email, newsletters, social media, display advertising, search and print channels.
- Build campaigns that attract and convert prospects who are likely to remain subscribers for many years and deliver a positive life time value to the brand.
- Have a proven track record for developing rigorous testing agendas to evaluate, channel, offer, creative, landing pages and customer communication to optimize results in a test and learn environment.
- Own copy and creative execution for all promotions, managing vendors as needed.
- Through detailed understanding of customer needs and requirements, act as an advocate in pricing and bundling decisions
- Collaborate closely and constantly with colleagues on Product, Analytics, and Editorial teams to identify approaches to increase the effectiveness of the website and other products (newsletters, podcasts, etc.) in supporting MIT TR brand goals.
- Communicate results to stakeholdes, sharing a deep understanding of consumer behavioir and generate hypothesis to test driving new leads and drive conversions.
- Remain up to date with new marketing techniques and technologies, ensuring that MIT TR marketing is best in class.
Supervision Received: This role reports to the VP of Marketing and Consumer Revenue
Supervision Exercised: Yes
Education and Experience:
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing experience desired, preferably in media
- Experience leading and managing digital and social marketing, including email, newsletters, organic and paid social media, display advertising, search and print channels.
- Solid understanding of website and marketing analytics tools e.g. Google Analytics, social media listening tools, audience segmentation and surveys to optimize.
- Demonstrated experience planning campaigns and activities informed by data analytics and customer insights.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills, with experience working across multiple stakeholders, leadership, and external agencies.
- Excellent project management skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated direct response copy and creative ability.
- Experience with landing page optimization strategies.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple short and long-term projects simultaneously, communicating timelines across teams
** To comply with regulations by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), the principal duties in job descriptions must be essential to the job. To identify essential functions, focus on the purpose and the result of the duties rather than the manner in which they are performed. The following definition applies: a job function is essential if removal of that function would fundamentally change the job.