Project Manager, Digital Products
The Product Development team at Technology Review is responsible for the design and development of all digital products. Our aim is to enable a great experience for users that engage with our journalism in all its forms and help the organization meet defined goals for commerce and engagement.
As a Project Manager, you will help the team plan, manage and deliver the projects that enable a great user experience and enable the organization to meet its goals. This role works closely with the Director of Product and other members of the organization to identify the project goals/objectives, requirements and timing. You will be responsible for managing timelines, prioritization, resource utilization and related communications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Creation and management of timelines and resources for discrete projects and initiatives
- Communication with key stakeholders to identify scope of upcoming projects
- Check-ins with dev/design team to ensure projects are on schedule, and flagging any changes with appropriate parties
- Create and maintain documentation of project notes and feedback, sharing via email as follow up if necessary
- Assist in post-launch product monitoring using analytics tools to identify areas of improvement
- Manage project management tools and the ways in which we use them
- Works under direct supervision of Director of Product
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience as a project manager in an agile environment – like a creative agency, startup, professional services, etc. – or similar team environment responsible for the production of digital products for web or mobile.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing projects related to web or mobile app development and working with multi-disciplinary team members.
- Extensive experience in creating and communicating detailed project plans in a variety of formats
- Knowledge of integrated team workflows and inter-office operations
- Prior experience managing external vendors and resources to assist with execution
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience with modern, web-based project management tools like Basecamp, 10k feet, Trello, Done.Done.
- Empathy, understanding, and ability to anticipate the needs of team members to keep projects moving forward and proactively communicating.
- PMP certification
- Experience working in an agile development environment utilizing scrum or similar methodologies/practices