Program Director – MIT Technology Review Executive Network
We are a world-renowned name in technology news and are building a dynamic team to tell the technology stories that really matter through a variety of platforms.
The future is today
MIT Technology Review is the gateway to the world of important innovations and technologies changing how we live, work and play. We’re looking for a Program Director to create a new line of business that connects the MIT Technology Review media brand with a large, discerning audience of business executives. Tentatively called “MIT Technology Review Executive Network”, the business is modeled on other media companies that have created communities of readers and provided them with high-value, exclusive content and experiences.
MIT Technology Review intends to build this business, leveraging its positional advantage as the media company connected with the world’s preeminent engineering, science, and technology university to provide senior executives in multinational companies access to the leading thinking on new technologies and how they will transform industries and firms.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful Program Director must work well in a collaborative environment, managing the production of online, virtual events, reports, data, and in-person ‘salon-style’ meetings through close connections with MIT Technology Review’s journalists, academics at MIT and elsewhere, and the broader business community.
In addition to delivering the program, this role requires an extraordinarily flexible, entrepreneurial mindset, as the successful Program Director will be working to create this new product line from scratch. The ideal candidate will also be a creative leader with excellent organizational abilities.
- Experience in a business development role in an entrepreneurial environment
- Proven ability to make connections and bring together resources to create events and meetings that provide a unique value to members
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proven detail-orientation and follow-through
- Digital and social media skills/experience
- Resourceful and innovative thinker who delivers a compelling customer experience that provides information about how technology is changing the world and their business
- Experience organizing, programming and managing global events for high-value clients
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time
MIT Technology Review offers a creative and intellectually charged work environment with competitive compensation and benefits through MIT.
Please apply at Program Director - Executive Network (Job Number 15182).Apply