Program Curator, Solve
Solve is a new initiative from MIT aimed at developing and implementing real and lasting solutions to the world’s greatest challenges— from education and health to energy and inequality.
Joining the Solve team offers the chance to play a leading role in defining this cutting-edge and diverse community. Solve brings together technologists and researchers, social entrepreneurs and business leaders, policy makers, change agents, and activists, from across the globe to work on specific actionable challenges. Solve then creates partnerships to fund and implement the best solutions.
Solve is seeking a Program Curator to generate the content, including issues addressed and speakers selected, for Solve events throughout the year, most notably Solve’s flagship event, Solve at MIT. The Program Curator will work closely with the Events Program Director, as well as other departments at Solve, Solve advisors, and MIT faculty to assist with the conceptualization and implementation of the agenda, content, format, and logistics for Solve meetings. The Program Curator will also develop the processes for turning content into sessions for Solve events.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and build a movement to address the biggest issues of our time. This is a full-time position, located in Cambridge, MA.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Stay up-to-date on current international issues via news, articles, books, speakers, etc., specifically around innovation and technology
- Develop the program for Solve events, leading content development and research, speaker recruitment, and management
- Design facilitated interactive workshops to gather ideas for new Solve challenges, and source facilitators and subject matter experts for these workshops as appropriate
- Research speakers, manage speaker recruitment, and ensure the program is developing in a timely manner
- Gather input from other departments, advisors and MIT faculty
- Work with the Content & Digital department on all content for marketing materials related to the program and participants including the schedule, and website
- Work within the guidelines set by the organization in terms of composition of program participants, specifically meeting rigorous diversity criteria
- Write briefings and conduct briefing calls for speakers
- As needed, support event operations and program logistics
- Other duties as needed or required.
The Program Curator will report to the Events Program Director.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7 years of project management experience, including at least 2 years with a focus on international development, social impact, innovation, or related field
- Exemplary oral and written communications skills, attention to detail
- Demonstrated interest in Solve’s pillars and challenges
- Experience designing and facilitating interactive workshops and event sessions
- Comfortable coordinating numerous time-sensitive projects, able to develop and abide by clear goals, timelines, and priorities
- Ability to professionally engage with high-level speakers and their staff on phone and in person
- Proactive and forward thinking, demonstrated creative vision
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet deadlines within the context of a larger team
- Commitment to develop content with diversity across gender, class, geographic, ethnic, religious, and political groupings
- Master’s degree
- International working/living experience a plus
To apply: please visit web.mit.edu/jobs #14463. No phone calls or recruiters, please.Apply