Editor for Custom Editorial Content and Native Advertising
MIT Technology Review (www.technologyreview.com) seeks a seasoned editor to help create custom editorial and native advertising projects for corporate, nonprofit, and government clients. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced journalist familiar with technology and business. This role involves collaborating with salespeople and clients to develop world-class original content. It also involves working with freelance writers, editors, and designers under tight deadlines to produce a variety of print and online custom products. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of how technology is affecting businesses, significant experience in exceeding client expectations, and, above all, superior writing, editing, communication, and project-management skills. This is a full-time position, located in our Cambridge, MA office.
- Write, assign, edit, and manage production of print and online custom products such as web content, white papers, research reports, infographics, and “advertorials,” among others.
- Help cultivate and manage freelance writers, editors, copy editors, and designers, including overseeing contracts, assignments, and invoicing.
- Develop and enforce project timetables to ensure timely delivery of high-quality content.
- Work with the sales team to present custom options to prospects and clients.
- Work professionally and diplomatically with clients from project kickoff to product delivery.
- Work with the design team and freelance designers to ensure that custom projects are presented compellingly across all publishing platforms.
- Collaborate with other MIT Technology Review staffers on potential new custom products and opportunities.
- At least five years of journalism experience as a science, business, or technology journalist.
- The ability to write and edit stories that will satisfy a demanding, intelligent, technology-savvy, and highly literate audience.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing multiple demanding editorial projects.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in custom publishing, marketing, and/or advertising is a plus.
- Experience with web publishing and/or multimedia or video/audio production is a plus.
- BA/BS required. Graduate degree desirable.
MIT Technology Review offers an intellectually charged, creative work environment with competitive compensation and benefits through MIT.
To apply: please visit jobs.mit.edu, job ID 13499. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
About MIT Technology Review (www.technologyreview.com)
MIT Technology Review is an independent media company owned by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The oldest technology magazine in the world (established 1899), MIT Technology Review’s mission is to promote the understanding of emerging technologies and to analyze their commercial, economic, social, and political impacts on society, government, businesses, academic institutions, and individuals. Our goal is also to assist business and technology leaders—CTOs, senior technologists, entrepreneurs, and venture capitalists—in shaping markets and driving the global economy.Apply