Director of US Custom Content
At MIT Technology Review we are looking for a professional with editorial experience to play a key role in MIT Technology Review Insights, the custom content arm of MIT Technology Review. This position will be located in the US, preferably in Cambridge, MA.
This person will use their deep knowledge of technology and business to lead the growth of MIT Technology Review’s custom content business.
This role will function as an external ambassador for MIT Technology Review’s thought-leadership practice, sharing our viewpoints while ensuring the commercial success of the unit. You will provide commercial content analysis and will work with sales and clients to produce and deliver sponsored content to senior executives the world over.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Produce, deliver and provide project management for all sponsored content projects originating from the US.
- Manage the custom content US team of MIT Technology Review.
- Engage senior executives and moderate highly interactive c-suite discussions and meetings.
- Develop and convey commercial content analysis that is persuasive to executives in the US and beyond.
- Deliver products that meet the editorial standards of the MIT Technology Review brand.
- Develop and sustain strong client relationships.
- Manage a team of contributing editors, researchers, designers and PR agencies for complete production of sponsored projects.
- Speaker for various engagements including chairing CEO lunches, speaking at events of all sizes, for events by MIT Technology Review and other parties.
- Create written/editorial work including producing social media posts, newsletters and similar media in connection with the launch of sponsored content.
- Author and/or edit marquee briefing papers.
- Assisting and facilitating members of the sales teams as they secure sponsored deals.
- Reports to the VP MITTR Insights under minimal supervision
- Supervises content solutions staff (2 FTEs)
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in business or related field from a top academic institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business journalism and/or consulting with leading international publishing/research houses.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to make connections and facilitate stimulating discussions.
- Authoritative and dynamic public speaking skills.
- Proven detail-orientation and follow-through.
- Digital and social media skills/experience.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to roll up sleeves to get the job done.
- Possess a deep knowledge in how technology affects society, business, and technology information in the larger media marketplace and experience in commercial content analysis. You will have wide-ranging knowledge of the business environments in the US and globally.
- Ability to travel domestically 10% of the time.
** To comply with regulations by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), the principal duties in job descriptions must be essential to the job. To identify essential functions, focus on the purpose and the result of the duties rather than the manner in which they are performed. The following definition applies: a job function is essential if removal of that function would fundamentally change the job.Apply