Assistant Consumer Marketing Manager
MIT Technology Review is a world-renowned technology publisher, and we are building a digital growth team to bolster our exceptional journalism and support our subscription model. The Assistant Consumer Marketing Manager will play an important role in supporting this team, working hand in hand with the Director of Digital Marketing & Communications.
The future is today
And MIT Technology Review is the gateway to the world of important innovations and technologies changing how we live, work and play. We are looking for an Assistant Consumer Marketing Manager to help us grow our consumer revenues, database marketing and circulation management for our existing audience and identifying new ones.
You will coordinate, execute and analyze multiple online and offline acquisition and retention initiatives to achieve revenue goals and build audience loyalty. You must be detail-oriented and will manage the consumer marketing calendar and marketing database. You will work cross-functionally with colleagues in marketing, editorial, design, events, sales and web development. You must be able to adapt quickly based on market data. We seek a creative, agile and tactical thinker who is analytically astute with a talent for audience growth.
The ideal candidate
Will have a keen interest in how technology affects society and business and technology information in the larger media marketplace. You have experience managing consumer marketing priorities and supporting the overall paid audience growth and brand development strategies. This role is an excellent opportunity to implement, report and analyze go-to-market plans, consumer onboarding, engagement and retention programs. You will help execute various multi-channel revenue activities
You should have experience in:
- Email marketing operations and workflow management.
- Executing onboarding and retention initiatives to build loyalty.
- Managing the consumer marketing calendar and trafficking marketing collateral.
- Creating and maintaining ecommerce transaction and landing pages
- Acting as point of contact with vendors and third-party relationships
- Facilitating multi-channel revenue activities including email marketing, display, magazine ads, direct mail.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have 2+ years’ experience in inbound and outbound marketing
- Are detail-oriented, organized and have honed project management skills.
- Possess effective communication skills, verbal as well as written.
- Have experience in both the qualitative and quantitative aspects of direct response marketing.
- Are self-motivated and have demonstrated follow-through on projects.