1) Knowing when I will need an umbrella; knowing when I will completely regret bringing an umbrella
2) Ability to talk my way out of a speeding ticket
3) Tolerance for small talk at networking events
4) Ability to mentally drown out the sound of my upstairs neighbor
5) Never late
6) Ability to talk my way up to first class
7) Perfect poker face
8) Jeans always fit perfectly
9) Eyes never closed in pictures
10) Ability to only eat one potato chip
DeepMind’s cofounder: Generative AI is just a phase. What’s next is interactive AI.
“This is a profound moment in the history of technology,” says Mustafa Suleyman.
What to know about this autumn’s covid vaccines
New variants will pose a challenge, but early signs suggest the shots will still boost antibody responses.
Human-plus-AI solutions mitigate security threats
With the right human oversight, emerging technologies like artificial intelligence can help keep business and customer data secure
Next slide, please: A brief history of the corporate presentation
From million-dollar slide shows to Steve Jobs’s introduction of the iPhone, a bit of show business never hurt plain old business.
Get the latest updates from
MIT Technology Review
Discover special offers, top stories, upcoming events, and more.