1) Knowing when I will need an umbrella; knowing when I will completely regret bringing an umbrella
2) Ability to talk my way out of a speeding ticket
3) Tolerance for small talk at networking events
4) Ability to mentally drown out the sound of my upstairs neighbor
5) Never late
6) Ability to talk my way up to first class
7) Perfect poker face
8) Jeans always fit perfectly
9) Eyes never closed in pictures
10) Ability to only eat one potato chip
How scientists want to make you young again
Research labs are pursuing technology to “reprogram” aging bodies back to youth.
Inside the billion-dollar meeting for the mega-rich who want to live forever
Hope, hype, and self-experimentation collided at an exclusive conference for ultra-rich investors who want to extend their lives past 100. I went along for the ride.
Human brain cells transplanted into baby rats’ brains grow and form connections
When lab-grown clumps of human neurons are transplanted into newborn rats, they grow with the animals. The research raises some tricky ethical questions.
The debate over whether aging is a disease rages on
In its latest catalogue of health conditions, the World Health Organization almost equated old age with disease. Then it backed off.
Get the latest updates from
MIT Technology Review
Discover special offers, top stories, upcoming events, and more.