Genes I wish they would find
Enough with the useless genes. Here are some that would actually come in handy.
1) Knowing when I will need an umbrella; knowing when I will completely regret bringing an umbrella
2) Ability to talk my way out of a speeding ticket
3) Tolerance for small talk at networking events
4) Ability to mentally drown out the sound of my upstairs neighbor
5) Never late
6) Ability to talk my way up to first class
7) Perfect poker face
8) Jeans always fit perfectly
9) Eyes never closed in pictures
10) Ability to only eat one potato chip
Sam Altman invested $180 million into a company trying to delay death
Can anti-aging breakthroughs add 10 healthy years to the human life span? The CEO of OpenAI is paying to find out.
An ALS patient set a record for communicating via a brain implant: 62 words per minute
Brain interfaces could let paralyzed people speak at almost normal speeds.
Forget designer babies. Here’s how CRISPR is really changing lives
The gene-editing tool is being tested in people, and the first treatment could be approved this year.
Neuroscientists listened in on people’s brains for a week. They found order and chaos.
The study shows that our brains exist between chaos and stability—a finding that could be used to help tweak them either way.
Get the latest updates from
MIT Technology Review
Discover special offers, top stories, upcoming events, and more.